Healthy eating does not have to be boring, expensive or complicated! It can be as simple as making small changes like adding more vegetables to every-day dishes. This is our chef’s tasty guide to adding more vegetables to your favourite dishes.
Cook with a Variety of Colours and Textures.
Infuse Them with Flavour
- Add some excitement with a variety of colours, textures and flavours to everyday dishes. Seven colour meals should be all the rage.
- Get adventurous, try new vegetables with old family dishes. What about adding baby corn to your chakalaka or some carrots/ spinach to ujeqe (steamed bread)?
For the Fussy Eaters, Sneak Them In
- Vegetables naturally have a lot of flavour. You can add some additional seasoning, spices & herbs to make them even tastier.
Know Your Portion Sizes
- It can be very challenging to get the little ones to eat their vegetables, ask any mom! Shred or grate fruits and vegetables like baby marrow, carrots, cauliflower and squash, or puree them and add to your favorite pasta, dips, pizza, curries or sishebo recipes.
- We should all be eating more fruits and vegetables every day, at least five portions a day to be more exact.
At the end of the day, enjoyable nutritious family meals are about more than numbers, they are about providing your family with meals you can feel good about! Knorr is here to help!