Layers of thinly sliced potatoes with ostrich mince topped with grated cheddar cheese will surely have everyone asking for another portion! Not to mention that ostrich is a lighter alternative to beef or pork mince.
Step 1 of 9
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
Step 2 of 9
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion until soft.
Step 3 of 9
3. Add the ostrich mince and fry until well browned.
Step 4 of 9
4. Add the sachet of KNORR Naturally Tasty Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe Mix, tin of chopped tomatoes, water, milk and cream.
Step 5 of 9
5. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
Step 6 of 9
6. In the meantime slice the potatoes.
Step 7 of 9
7. Once the mince is cooked you can season it to taste then begin to assemble your bake using an ovenproof dish.
Step 8 of 9
8. Start with a layer of mince in the bottom of the dish followed by a layer of sliced potatoes and continue building until all the mince and potatoes have been used then top with grated cheese.